Monday, October 6, 2008

Clear Creek with Reilly


What a trip we had. We went over night with Reilly's class and another class up to Clear Creek. Sue Allan went too with Natalie and we had a blast! The bus driver introduced himself and I recognized the name. Mr. Tobler. He was my 5th grade teacher. I asked him if I said my name if he would remember it, so I did and he said yeah I remember you Thomas'. Well, I don't know if he remembered really, but it was cool to see him. I got kinda adventurous and tried the big rope course. Sue did too. Got some funny videos of it, but not sure how to put them on my blog. I almost made it to the end. The last 5 feet was hard. Reilly had a good time and was glad I went. I was glad I went and glad to see my bed when I got home. Between all the girls in our cabin screaming and playing tag before bed and waking up every hour I was tired. I was also excited to eat a normal meal. Corn dogs and burritos were not the highlight of this trip. We also went on a hike up hill and just before Sue and I were about to die they said turn around it's time to go back. You could say we were really relieved. If you ever have a chance to go with your 5th grader to Clear Creek, go because it's fun!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

That sounds like so much fun... I am glad you were able to go.

The Jones :) said...

What a good mom you are!! Always doing stuff with your kids...I wanna be like you when I get big!! Sounds like a good time!!
-Becki :)

Hendrickson Clan said...

It has been along time thats for sure! I will actually be to your church on Sunday so hopefully we can catch up! Your family is so cute. I can't believe they are all getting so big!

karen louise said...

Lucky :) So when did Reilly decide he wanted you to come?

Jamie said...

Maybe I'll go next year with JAcob. You won me over talking about those burritos and corndogs. I guess it's to much to ask to have good food huh? I thought we did pretty good at girls camp. (Rachel and Carly both complained about the food as well when they went to clear creek) Did you take your pooh rock to keep things regular?

Joni said...

Wow! Sounds like you had a wonderful time!:) Glad you were able to go but missed you cleaning with me!!!